Saturday, August 20, 2011

Yellow Polka Dot Mani

Gabbz here again,

As I mentioned in my last post, I was going to change up my mani. I knew I wanted to do a look using my Bundle Monster image plates. I decided to do a Yellow Polka Dot mani inspired by the song "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Mini Polka Dot Bikini." Now there's no way in heck I would wear one so why not let my nails wear it lol.

For this look I used SinfulColors in Neon Melon. This polish is a super bright yellow, and like most neon polishes it dries matte. I personally don't like the matte look, so I always use a top coat. Another thing about this particular polish is that it's pretty sheer. I only used 2 coats because I knew I was going to stamp an image over it. I do reccomend that you apply more coats of Neon Melon if you're going to wear it alone.

I will mention that I did have a hard time getting the whole image to stamp on my nail. That's because the image is too small to fit on my nail. I even cut my nails shorter so I wouldn't have a hard time, but I still struggled. This is not the first time I tried using the dot image but this was the first time that I got good results. I was NOT going to give up. They still didn't come out perfect, but I liked how it turned out in the end.

Ok so on with the look....



My Yellow Polka Dot Mani


SinfulColors Neon Melon w/Seche Vite Top Coat


Here is how it looks when it dries
Seche Plus Fortified Strengthener under 2 coats of Neon Melon


Here it is w/1 coat of Seche Vite Top Coat


The materials I used to Stamp Dots with
C-1 in Black, Bundle Monster image plate #19
and Konad Stamper & Scraper


And the finished Look: topped off with 1
coat of Seche Vite


So there you have it. I really like this color of polish. It's super bright and a fun summer color. Do you have any neon polishes? If so, which one is your fave? Let me know below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment