Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Favorites - Day 3 - LOTION!!!!

After Monday left you drained I bet you want something to make you feel better, pampered even. What about your hands? You've worked them dry and to the bone. So what better than to lather them up with some lotion to give those calluses a little love. So today we have for you our favorite lotions.

Kourt:
Ok so I have a problem...I'm becoming a LUSH...not the drinking kind...but the kind who is swiftly becoming obsessed with the LUSH cosmetic company. I think I've said it, oh about 10 times already. I actually found my favorite lotion by accident when I was buying my cleanser at LUSH. The sweet girl who always helps me (HOLLA!!) threw in some free samples in my bag and their Dream Cream lotion just happened to be one of them.

This is how they describe the Dream Cream on their website: Incredibly soothing body lotion for troubled skin. Dream Cream is LUSH's best-selling product because it makes sore skin feel good again. Chamomile and lavender calm irritations, reduce redness and banish blotches.

Now, just like all their other products this is handmade and free of all the bad stuff. If some of you readers out there don't already know I have Spina Bifida and use a cane to get around. Well the cane causes me to have bad calluses on my hands which is just annoying to me because it makes me feel manly LOL. When I used this my hands felt as soft as cashmere and it's definately going to be my next purchase when I make another LUSH-y stop. The smell, if you're wondering, is almost non-existent to me (just don't ask my mom haha!) This retails for $25 for an 8oz jar which may seem pricely but hey if you find something that works for you then you can splurge a little ;)


Gabbz:
When it comes to lotions I really only buy them because they smell good. I don't really like a strong scent because I'm very sensitive to scents and tend to get migraines. However, I did find a good moisturizing lotion that smells Amazing!! It's by Bodycology and its in Vanilla Cupcake. Kourt and I came across it at our local grocery store because Kourt wanted a new lotion. She opened it and OMG...I wanted to eat it lol (Insert Kourt comment here: She almost took my hand off everytime I used it...just sayin'). It smells just like frosting. She ended up buying it and I decided not to. Everytime she used it at work, of course I used it too. I even threatened to take it from her a couple of times lol. I didn't take hers and bought my very own tube. I do highly recommend it if you like sweet or food scents and want your hands to feel really soft. Plus at most grocery/drugstores it only runs about $5 which is an added bonus if you're on a budget. I don't however recommend you use it when you're hungry lol...don't say I didn't warn you ;)



So there's our favorites now it's your turn to tell us yours!!!! Get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment