Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lush Cosmetics Cupcake Facial Mask

Hey everyone! Kourtney here...I had a rough time today trying to get pictures of products and nail swatches...I took them with my Mom's phone because hers is better quality but when I e-mailed them to myself the e-mails were all blank...I'm talking enough pictures for 5 posts...Ugh! Technology sometimes can be a pain. So I ended up taking a few pictures over with my phone, for this post specifically. So onto it...

A couple weeks ago I was reading Xsparkage's blog, which is one of mine and Gabby's favorites, and she was reviewing Lush's Lettuce Facial Mask, see it HERE. I was instantly intrigued because I have battled skin problems in my lifetime and it's frustrating. I'm 27, I want to have beautiful glowing skin LOL. So my parents decided to get me out of the house for a day (for those that don't know I've been battling kidney and bladder problems for a few months and am pretty much bedridden) and they ended up taking me to Lush. I could have bought so much in there! You couldn't beat the prices either!! Another thing I liked is that at this particular store the sales girls were so knowledgable about the products. I was ready to get the Lettuce Mask (but it was sold out) but the sales girl said the Cupcake mask would be better for my skin. So I took her advice and purchased that along with their Sweet Lips lip scrub :) Review on that later.

First off it smells amazing!! It smells like chocolate pudding. Now the thing with these facial masks is you have to keep them refrigerated and they only last about 3 weeks. I've been using mine every other day after I cleanse my skin with my Clarisonic. My skin always feels so soft and fresh after I use this mask, I think I'm in love LOL And I haven't had any breakouts, which is what my skin is prone to.

Let me show you some pics of what you can expect if you choose to purchase this:



 See it looks like chocolate pudding. And it feels so cool because it's been refrigerated :) Extra bonus!

And just for fun this is me wearing the mask LOL I always say I look like a white person wearing blackface like in the olden days. I scared my mom once with it. She happens to like it too :)

The mask itself cost $5.95 which is a great price and you're getting a 2.1oz pot. The cool thing is if you keep 5 of the pots you can take them in and get a free mask! How awesome is that? Free is always fun! Now the cupcake is specifically for oily or spotty skin. It is a cocoa mix with spearmint oil to cool, vanilla to calm redness and Rhassoul mud to deeply cleanse. I can't say how much I love this product!

To find your local Lush Cosmetics store go to Lush Cosmetics and go to their store finder.

No comments:

Post a Comment