Monday, August 29, 2011

Favorites - Day 2 - Just Another Neon Monday

Blah...yet another Monday has arrived and for most of you that means the start of a long work week (for me and Gabbz Sunday is our Monday lol.) Sometimes you need something to brighten your day. What better than a neon mani? Gabbz and I are all about bright colors, except when it comes to eyeshadow LOL Gabbz is neutral and I'm the color girl...But I digress...As you are typing away at your desk or working your hands to the bone you can take a glance at your bright nails and maybe feel a little happier. I know for us it's a little pick me up! So onto our faves....


Kourt:
So when thinking about this post I knew Gabbz would instantly pick a hot pink LOL So I gave it to her...I kind of fancy a bright yellow though. Yellow is a sunny color and I remember a year ago I got Sally Hansen's Lightening and everytime I typed and saw my bright nails I was in a better mood. Good moods at our job are key. I remembered a while back I had bought China Glaze's Celtic Sun because the brightness of it just drew me in, but I hadn't used it...Until today. I remember in middle school I would color my nails with highlighters (as Michelle over at beautybesties has also mentioned she's done) and when I painted this on it took me back to my good old days living in Hawaii. Michelle also mentioned a great tip about using a white base coat so the color would come through and not be so transparent (Thanks :)). So I dug around and found an old bottle of Loreal white polish and did 2 coats (the polish was terrible...it's now on a permanent vacation in my trash can LOL).  After that dried I did 2 coats of CG Celtic Sun. Being me I can't just wear a polish without a lil somethin' somethin' so I layered CG Fairy Dust and CG Techno on top and finished with CHI's top coat. Here is what I got...



This was taken in brighter light...


Gabbz:
So the color I chose to help me with my Monday Blues is China Glaze Pink Voltage. It is just so bright and wonderful. It makes my fingers glow lol. I have featured this color before cuz I just can't get enough of it, plus it's pink lol For this pick I kind of cheated and paired it with another favorite neon color. This one is also from China Glaze called Purple Panic. Purple Panic is not as bright but still a nice shade.
So here's the look....

Look how bright those colors are...this is with a flash. Sorry, my camera wasn't really picking up the detail in the mani but wanted to show you how bright the colors are.

Here you can see the design better...


And then with a top coat...


Now that you have seen our neon craze, is there a neon polish you love and would like to share? If so comment because we would love to see new ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment