Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sally Hansen Nail Strips REMIXED

Hey everyone! Kourtney here...finally I know...I had surgery last week in Houston so I haven't gotten around to doing a post. But I'm back for now :)

I was watching a youtube guru by the name of Kandee Johnson (She's amazing and so sweet) and she had a great idea with the Sally Hansen Nail Polish Strips. There were 2 ideas she had that I fell in love with and they give you more bang for your buck. Instead of me trying to describe what she did let me just post the video for you :)


Ok so now that you've watched her brilliance and charm let me show you what I came up with. I had the Sally Hansen strips in Don't Get Catty, which happens to be a limited edition set but I got it for a good price. What I did was cut the strips at an angle and applied them to my nails. You get 16 in the set but I used about 7 for both hands because I used 1 for 2 nails. After I applied those I added OPI Katy Perry's Teenage Dream to the other half of my nail. This has to be mine and Gabby's favorite glitter ever! It's just amazing and you can't stop staring at it! So onto the picture of the final result.

Here's the Don't Get Catty

And Here is what I came up with. It looks way better in person and I got a ton of compliments on it :) It also lasted 10 days with no chipping. It also survived the hospital haha thankfully they didn't take it off :) I used a new top coat my Mom picked up for me in the bargain bin at Ulta to top this off called CHI (like the CHI straightener). I really liked it and it really kept my polish on as well as dried super fast!



So after this manicure I had another idea. My Mom is a huge crafter and she has a ton of those scissor that cut special scalloped edges like these below:


So I thought why not cut the polish strips using a pair of these scissors to give it an edgy look. Well I did haha. Being on disability leave from work gives me alot of time to think up ideas and test them out. I ended up using the Skinny Jean strips and OPI Katy Perry Last Friday Night.






So what do you think? I like the unique and different...I like to think of it as a ripped jeans kind of look. Is this something you would like to try?? Thoughts would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment