Thursday, August 11, 2011

Water Marble Mani

Hey Guys it's Gabbz...

So for today I will show my 3rd attempt to do a water marble mani. As I mentioned in other posts, I like watching youtube to get ideas on manicures. Well, I stumbled upon a channel that shows some great water marble manis. The channel I watch is SimpleLittlePleasures. You can click here to access her channel.

A couple weeks ago we had an employee event and the blouse I wanted to wear was teal and black and it had some kind of heart tie dye design at the bottom. So what better time than to try and water marble on my nails?  Plus I wanted a cool design especially since some of my coworkers have become fans of our blog and always ask to see my nails. So I searched her channel and saw this cute heart mani. You can click here to see the tutorial. Mind you, it didn't come out exactly like her tutorial but I love the end results.

So on to the pictures.....

This is 2 coats of Sinful Colors Mint Apple
under China Glaze Base Coat


The 3 colors I chose for this mani
C-1 in Black and Sinful Colors in Gorgeous and Mint Apple


Here's what you will need: a bowl full of room temp filtered water,
your polishes of choice (with cap unscrewed), tape and
something pointy (I used a bobby pin).


Now to start your bullseye
I used a drop of Black first


Then I did 1 drop of Gorgeous right on top of Black

Followed by 1 drop of Mint Apple over Gorgeous


Continue that process until you get the desired bullseye. I think
I did about 4 cycles.


Take your pointy item, in my case my bobby pin and start
dragging the polish to make a design.


Make sure your fingers are taped up to make clean up
a lot easier.


Once you find the perfect design. Dunk your finger at an angle
and use the bobby pin to clean up. I ended up using a Q-tip to clean
the water before I lifted finger out.

And this is what it might look like after.


This is what it looked like after all have been
marbled and the tape has come off


Then I cleaned up and this is my right hand


This awkward shot is my left hand lol


Here is the finished look :) I used 1 coat of Seche Vite Top Coat


And because I like the way that looked I decided to try again, This time with my favorite color combinations Pink and Black lol

Here are the items I used for that look:

China Glaze Base Coat, Milani Hot Pink,
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Twisted Pink (my fav), C-1 Black and
Seche Vite Top Coat

Taaadaaa!!! lol I used 2 coats of Milani Hot Pink as a base. Then
I alternated with Twisted Pink and Black for the bullseye. Then I followed it
with 1 coat of Seche Vite.


So what do you all think? I will tell you it was time consuming but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy. Another thing is that it does use up quite a bit of polish, so that's why I used my less expensive polish for these two looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment