Sunday, June 26, 2011

True Blood!!!!

Well hey there ya'll...Kourt here :)

People who know Gabby and I know we both love our Twilight but oh man do we love True Blood! We even went to a fan event last year at one of our local movie theatres. I also went as Sookie Stackhouse for this past Halloween...puncture marks and all. So with out Trubie-ness we decided to do our manicures in honor of the Season 4 premiere that starts tonight! Woohoo!!!! Excuse me for a bit as I drift off to thoughts about Eric, Alcide and Sam..........................Ok that was nice...




Anywhoo onto our manicures!!! I'll start with mine...I wanted to do a blood splatter mani I saw on another blog but I couldn't get the technique to work :/ But then I tried a different technique I saw on youtube that was done with a toothpick and thought "Hey I could totally do that!" So I did lol

I started off with 2 coats of Zoya's new shade called Shay which is a nice fleshy tone color.

Then in extra honor of True Blood I used Zoya's Sooki for the blood splatter.
You just put a drop or two anywhere on the nail and use a tootpick to spread it out and add dots here and there. I also added SpaRitual's Spirit Child in the middle of the splatter to give it a little bit more real look. Finished off with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
 



So there's my mani...Pretty easy!!!

Now onto Gabby's, which I love! She chose to do her nails in Zoya's Sooki as well as Love My Nails in Platinum and did the accent nail with fangs using Bundle Monster plate BM02. She also used L.A. Colors striper polish in white for the fangs. So here is what she came up with...Enjoy while I drift back to thoughts of the True Blood men....



So there you have it! Our Trubie manis :) Are you a fan of the show? Let us know your thoughts!! And I'll leave you with something a little extra...Me as Sookie lol I couldn't resist!





1 comment: