Thursday, June 9, 2011

China Glaze Limbo Bimbo

Hey Guys It's Gabbz...

I'm sorry I didn't post this when I usually do. This weekend/week was pretty hectic, and I just changed my nails Tues night/Wed morning. I even went to work with one hand finished and the other not. I knew I wanted to take a sunlight picture of the polish before I put any image on it, and of course I would wake up extra early the next day to do so and finish my mani... WRONG lol I took the pictures right as I was heading out and didn't have time to stamp my nails. The good thing is for once, no one noticed my nails, well one person did but I showed her the finished look lol So, I got home, stamped my nails and started on this post :)

Any who, I was reading a blog post a couple weeks ago and she did a cute mani and I wanted to recreate it. It was a really pretty pink polish with a design over it using an image plate from Bundle Monster. After two failed attempts, I gave up. It just didn't come out the way I wanted it to :( I'm determined to keep trying and someday I'll post it.

So, since I wanted to recreate that particular look, I went searching for a polish that was similar to the one that was used. While looking through the racks, I fell in love with this color. The one that caught my eye was China Glaze Limbo Bimbo. It is a really pretty fuchsia pink. It's very bright and frosty with tiny finely milled pink shimmer. Again, I love this color!!


China Glaze Limbo Bimbo
2 coats of Limbo Bimbo and 1 coat
Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat

 
In the 2 pics above, I shot inside with flash. You can see that this polish
has a purple hue to it. I couldn't tell until I saw the pics lol


Limbo Bimbo in the sun
I guess it's just me lol Because you can see the purple hue in these pictures as well,
more so on the one below...

Of course I was determined to put a design over this polish. I went with something that would cover the whole nail. I used the image plates from Bundle Monster, it's BM21 I don't have the special stamping polish but I find that using some regular polishes still works fine. To stamp the image I used a regular black polish,sorry don't know the name or brand of it. Then I topped it off with 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.



Hope you like this look. Have you tried Bundle Monster before? If so, what is your favorite design? Do you have any tips or tricks to get the images to come out flawless on the nail? Leave your comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment