Monday, June 13, 2011

OPI Planks Alot + OPI Navy Shatter

Hidey Ho to all our lovely followers, Kourtney here...I am a little hyper at the moment so forgive the greeting LOL

Today I have for you OPI Planks Alot from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection and OPI Navy Shatter. I love this combination so much! First things first I used Seche Vite Base Coat because my nails do have some ridges and this does a great job at covering them up. I applied OPI's Planks Alot after the base coat dried. Planks Alot is a beautiful creamy purple that I am totally in love with. I was tempted to not even put the Navy Shatter on top. Two coats was enough for a beautiful application. See below:




See it's a beautiful bright and creamy purple and I will be using it over and over, maybe with some Konad designs. By the way this color and the OPI Sparrow Me the Drama from yesterday's post are both part of our giveaway if you haven't entered yet! Don't worry, they are new bottles, not the ones I used.

OK so I applied the Navy Shatter in different directions like I did with the OPI Red Shatter I posted yesterday. I like applying it this way because you get a totally different look. See the pictures below and fall in love with my awesome manicure haha



I think the navy just compliments the purple so well. It is really close to black though. I had to make sure I was mailing my friend Jamie the right color since I was sending her the OPI Black Shatter lol! So be careful not to mix them up! The Navy Shatter applied very well and shattered beautifully in my opinion. I followed it up with 2 coats of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat to make the manicure last longer. I recommend this top coat to anyone I can because I love it so much. It's the best top coat I've ever used.

Have you purchased the Navy Shatter and if so what color did you use as the base coat? If you haven't picked up the Navy Shatter yet but wanted to what would you pair it with?? Any other comments leave below! Thanks and have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment