Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween Nails - Oogly Googly Eyes

Hello, Gabbz here...

Today I have a really simple and cute nail look that can be used for Halloween. Several people on Youtube have created looks using what I call "googly eyes". The kind that move and can be found at a craft store. I immediately thought of the cartoons that show the character walking through the woods and all you see are these creepy eyes popping in and out in the dark lol.

Just an FYI.....I did a search online just to see if anyone had done this look before just so I could give credit where credit is due but didn't see anything. I did however see a couple people do this look but drew on the eyes and they came out really cute too. So if you don't have these googly eyes you can definitely free hand the eyes. You can maybe draw red eyes to make it look more evil. There are so many ways you can make this your own.

For this look I used Wet 'n Wild black polish, the googly eyes, and my top coat. Pretty simple and very easy to do, I promise!


Here I used 1 coat of Wet 'n Wild Black Creme under 1 coat
of Seche Plus Fortified strengthener

The Googly eyes I bought at Michaels...
If I'm not mistaken they also had a 4mm package of eyes but I decided on these because it was a bigger pack. I wish I would've gotten the 4mm instead, because they're smaller but these still looked fine.


To get the eyes to stick to the nail, I put a dot of top coat where I wanted the eyes to go and I stuck them on. You can press them down a little so that the eyes stick better to the nail.

I topped it off with a thick coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top coat over the entire nail. Yes, even over the eyes. I made sure that the top coat really coated around the eyes to seal it really well.


So what do you think? Pretty easy huh? I kept wiggling my fingers at people and saying "I see you" I know pretty cheesy lol. Hope you try this easy look out.

No comments:

Post a Comment