Tuesday, April 3, 2012

China Glaze: The Hunger Games-Stone Cold

Gabbz here :)

Keeping with the whole Hunger Games theme, today I have a China Glaze polish from the Capitol Colors Collection. This collection consists of 12 polishes, each color corresponding each district in The Hinger Games.I promised myself that I was only going to purchase colors I "needed" and will actually wear lol.

So from this collection I purchased 5 out of the 12 colors. Today I will show you Stone Cold. Stone cold represents district 2, the masonry/stone mining district. Which I think this color if very fitting.

Stone Cold has a matte polish. I was a little iffy about getting this color because it was matte but you can always use a topcoat and make it glossy. Stone Cold is a very dark/charcoal gray with medium sized silver glitter. I did find that it went on a little patchy at first. I think maybe I was waiting to long to apply it because it seemed to be drying and would drag. But it that can also be that I had my ceiling fan on the whole time...oopsie. Other than that it's a very nice polish. I thought it would be rough for some reason but it wasn't, it was very smooth.

Let's get on with the pictures!


Here's 1 coat of Stone cold. Over 1 coat of China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat.

In the picture above you can see some of the patchiness I was referring to, especial in the pinky nail


This picture is 2 coats. No patchiness :)



Here it is with flash. I'm very happy I purchased this color. Especially since it's a matte finish. I'm all about the sparkle and shine, but I love it.
(indoors w/flash)


Without flash but under a lamp



I was trying to show the matte finish.



And of course I had to add a topcoat
Here it is again with the flash

Take a look at the closeup shot taken under the lamp. I love that when you add the topcoat the silver glitter pops. It even made the polish look black than a charcoal gray.



Here's the finished look :)


So what do you think? Did any of you pick up any of the China Glaze Capitol colors? If so, which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment